Texas Independence Day!
Happy Texas Independence Day! Texas has been on it’s own since March 2, 1836 after gaining it’s independence from Mexico. Celebrate the day by stopping by The Nodding Donkey and chowing down their delicious Texan chili for their Texas Independence Day Chili Give Away (all day!) and by reading up on some fun Texas state facts:
- Texas is the 2nd largest state in the United States and is even bigger than some countries! As we say in Texas, bigger is better!
- The world’s first rodeo took place in the great state of Texas in 1883 in Pecos. Yeehaw!
- 3 of the top 10 most populous cities are located in Texas – Dallas , Houston, and San Antonio. People just can’t get enough of Texas!
- The first word spoken on the moon was ‘Houston’!
- Texas is allowed to fly it’s state flag at the same height as the U.S. flag, and what a beautiful Texas flag it is!
Find a nice State Thomas Neighborhood patio to park yourself and enjoy the beautiful weather and this day of Texan Independence!